Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
Colman Dock Multimodal Terminal Project
- Washington State Ferries is replacing the aging and seismically vulnerable parts of Colman Dock in Seattle to maintain its critical role as a regional transportation hub. Project construction began in 2017 and will continue through early 2023. The terminal will remain open throughout construction.
- The passenger-only ferry facility is open for Kitsap Transit and the King County Water Taxi. This dock is at Pier 50, adjacent to the south end of Colman Dock, which is Pier 52.
- For the latest information on access to and from Colman Dock, including accessible paths, driving, biking, and walking, please visit Getting to Colman.
- The first section of the new terminal building opened to the public in September 2019. This first section of the terminal has limited capacity and 65 seats. Passengers should plan to arrive about 15 minutes before departure to avoid standing in line for long periods of time.
Building the new Alaskan Way and Elliott Way
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Access to businesses and residence remain open.
- Pike Place Market garage vehicle access and the new pedestrian path from Alaskan Way now open.
- New sidewalk on east side of Alaskan Way open with some areas remaining fenced off for continuing landscaping work.
- Lane closure on S Jackson St west of Alaskan Way S, two-way traffic maintained.
- Pedestrian realignment on west side multi-use path between S King St and Yesler Way.
- Pedestrian detour between Pike Street Hillclimb and Alaskan Way, use delineated path located north of the Pike Street stairs.
Union Street Bridge
- Stairs at Union St connecting Western Ave and Alaskan Way will be closed.
- Union St between Alaskan Way and Western Ave is closed, including stairs. Pedestrian access is maintained at University St and Pike St Hillclimb.
- Access to businesses will be maintained.
- Full closure of Marion St between Alaskan Way and Western Ave Tuesday, September 21 through Thursday, September 23, pedestrian access will be maintained.
- As of August 25, South Dearborn Street is now open to vehicular traffic. Sidewalks remain temporarily closed.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.