Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The new passenger-only ferry facility is open on the south side of Colman Dock.
- All drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access will remain in front of the terminal building on Alaskan Way.
- When the first part of our new terminal building opens, people walking can use the Marion Street Bridge detour, new stairs/elevators at the southwest corner of the dock and new stairs on Alaskan Way at Columbia Street.
- People riding bicycles will continue to enter near Yesler Way.
Pier 62 rebuild
- West side path is closed until Pier 62 construction is complete.
- Alaskan Way may be reduced to 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound as needed on working days.
Building the new Alaskan Way and Elliott Way
- Drilling, shaft installation and viaduct footing removal continues; may be noisy at times. Excavation and grading work for access roads continues.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Vault and duct bank installation continues within previously fenced off WSDOT viaduct removal work zone.
- Weekend work at University Street Saturday, March 14 and Saturday, March 21 7 AM to 7 PM.
- 24-hour work at University Street Monday through Friday starting as early as Monday, March 16, with noisiest activities completed before 10 PM each night.
- Full closure for vehicle access on University Street between Western Avenue and Alaskan Way for sewer and storm work. Pedestrian access will be maintained. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Viaduct footing demolition continues between Madison and Union streets; may be noisy and make the multi-use path narrower at times.No impacts to pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.