Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Viaduct demolition is nearing completion, with work occurring in Pioneer Square and near Pike Street.
- Alaskan Way remains narrowed to two lanes adjacent to work zones south of Madison Street.
- Most work is expected to be complete by October 2019.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The King County Water Taxi and Kitsap Transit Fast Ferries passenger-only facility remains temporarily located on the north side of Colman Dock until early summer 2019. Passengers can enter from Alaskan Way between Madison and Marion streets
- All Bainbridge Island and Bremerton drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter the main dock from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access remains in front of the main terminal building on Alaskan Way. There are no changes to access for people walking or biking onto the ferry.
Pier 62 Rebuild
- The west side trail will remain closed for the winter between Lenora and Pike streets and will reopen by Memorial Day.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.