Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The new passenger-only ferry facility is open on the south side of Colman Dock.
- All drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access will remain in front of the terminal building on Alaskan Way.
- When the first part of our new terminal building opens, people walking can use the Marion Street Bridge detour, new stairs/elevators at the southwest corner of the dock and new stairs on Alaskan Way at Columbia Street.
- People riding bicycles will continue to enter near Yesler Way.
Pier 62 rebuild
- West side path is closed until Pier 62 construction is complete.
- Alaskan Way may be reduced to 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound as needed on working days.
- Access to businesses and residences remains open
- Columbia Street will open on Saturday, February 22, 2020
Building the new Alaskan Way and Elliott Way
- Landscaping removal and elevated walkway demolition of Lenora Street bridge continues.
- Excavation and grading work for access roads.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Vault and duct bank installation continues within previously fenced off WSDOT viaduct removal work zone.
- No impacts to pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.