Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The Kitsap Transit passenger-only ferry facility is open on the south side of Colman Dock.
- All drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access is in front of the terminal building on Alaskan Way.
- When the first part of our new terminal building opens, people walking can use the Marion Street Bridge detour, new stairs/elevators at the southwest corner of the dock and new stairs on Alaskan Way at Columbia Street.
- People riding bicycles will continue to enter near Yesler Way.
- There is an accessible path to Colman Dock at the intersection of Alaskan Way and Yesler Way. This path leads to both the passenger-only ferries and also the current elevators up to the WSF terminal where discount tickets for passengers with disabilities are now available at all self-serve kiosks and online.
Building the new Alaskan Way and Elliott Way
- Excavation and grading work for access roads continues.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Viaduct footing demolition continues between University and Union streets; work may be noisy and make the multi-use path narrower at times.
- S Main Street closed at Alaskan Way; two-way traffic will be maintained for local access between Alaskan Way and 1st Avenue S via 1st Avenue S; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Access to businesses and residence remain open.
- Removal of the remnant portion of the Marion Street Bridge adjacent to the Commuter Building between Alaskan Way and Western Avenue started on Friday, September 11. Work may be noisy at times and is anticipated to take about 10 working days.
- The Pike Street Hill Climb western staircase will be closed starting on Friday, September 18. The eastern staircase remains open and access to and from Alaskan Way will be maintained.
- WSDOT contractor Kiewit is working on the abutment for the old Seneca Street ramp from the Alaska Way Viaduct. Crews are rebuilding the sidewalk on the waterfront side of First Avenue, building ADA ramps, and restoration work. Duration: Summer – Fall 2020.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.