Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The Kitsap Transit passenger-only ferry facility is open on the south side of Colman Dock.
- All drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access is in front of the terminal building on Alaskan Way.
- Starting Monday, Oct. 5 the Marion Street vehicle exit will close through late summer 2021. All vehicles and bikes exiting Colman Dock will exit through Yesler Way, which may cause delays off-loading ferries during peak times. There will be no changes or impacts to people walking on the ferry.
- When the first part of our new terminal building opens, people walking can use the Marion Street Bridge detour, new stairs/elevators at the southwest corner of the dock and new stairs on Alaskan Way at Columbia Street.
- People riding bicycles will continue to enter near Yesler Way.
- There is an accessible path to Colman Dock at the intersection of Alaskan Way and Yesler Way. This path leads to both the passenger-only ferries and also the current elevators up to the WSF terminal where discount tickets for passengers with disabilities are now available at all self-serve kiosks and online.
Building the new Alaskan Way and Elliott Way
- Excavation and grading work for access roads continues.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Viaduct footing demolition continues between University and Union streets; work may be noisy and make the multi-use path narrower at times.
- S Main Street closed at Alaskan Way; two-way traffic will be maintained for local access between Alaskan Way and 1st Avenue S via 1st Avenue S; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Access to businesses and residence remain open.
- The Pike Street Hill Climb western staircase remains closed, the eastern staircase remains open and access to and from Alaskan Way will be maintained.
- Alaskan Way between Pike and Pine streets reduced to one lane daily from 9 AM to 3 PM, starting Monday, November 16; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Union St between Alaskan Way and Western Ave will be partially obstructed starting Monday, November 16; access to businesses will be maintained; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access. See construction flyer for more information.
- Stairs at Union St connecting Western Ave and Alaskan Way closed during work hours, starting as early as Monday, November 16. See construction flyer for more information.
Pier 58 pier removal
- Use of cutting equipment to remove concrete adjacent to the sidewalk, timber decking and piles; work may be noisy at times.
- Pedestrian access adjacent to Pier 58 remains open for the time being, but the fence remains on the sidewalk to provide worker access.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.