Seattle's Central Waterfront is going to be a busy place over the next several years, with multiple construction projects underway. To make it easy for you to stay up to date on what's going on and what's ahead, we've compiled project information all in one place. This site provides general information about current and future public projects. For additional project details, visit the project websites, which can be found in the “Contact Us” page.
- Viaduct demolition is underway
- The contractor will close lanes only in immediate proximity to active construction.
- One lane of Alaskan Way will be open in each direction adjacent to active construction. Elsewhere, two lanes will be open in each direction.
- There will be no fixed bicycle/pedestrian detours during construction, as the work zone will be frequently moving up and down the structure.
- Colman Dock is open during construction
- The King County Water Taxi and Kitsap Transit Fast Ferries passenger-only facility remains temporarily located on the north side of Colman Dock until early summer 2019. Passengers can enter from Alaskan Way between Madison and Marion streets
- All Bainbridge Island and Bremerton drive-on customers, including cars, trucks, vanpools and motorcycles enter the main dock from S. Jackson St. Passenger pickup and drop-off access remains in front of the main terminal building on Alaskan Way. There are no changes to access for people walking or biking onto the ferry.
Pier 62 Rebuild
- The west side trail will remain closed for the winter between Lenora and Pike streets and will reopen by Memorial Day.
For more information on current construction activities, click on the projects on the map to the left, or select a project from the list above.